07 January 2008

The Bowles' in Sydney

I'm behind on my posts again, and I need to squeeze in a few more here really quick. I don't have time to give them the full attention they deserve, so I'm counting on the pictures to tell a thousand words.

Heather's parents came back to Australia with us after our trip to Hawaii. They had a good time, and we had a good time playing tour guide for the week. We all arrived on a Sunday night and we immediately took them to Maya, our favourite Indian restaurant. Surprise: they liked it!

I had to go to work on Monday, but I got home quick so we could go to the beach. Here's a great picture of Paul at Coogee Beach. Note the red and yellow lifeguard flag in the background. We went back on Wednesday and walked from Coogee to Bondi. It's a fantastic walk that covers five beaches, one oceanfront cemetery and about seven kilometres.

Tuesday morning, they went for a walk around Hyde Park while I visited the travel doctor. When I got back, they insisted that I look at their pictures of the park immediately. I was thinking that I see Hyde Park every day, but I looked at them anyway. Here's what I saw:

That's my in-laws with the Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore. Marty had seen her on TV the night before and knew she was someone important.

We also spent some time at the Harbour, and they visited the aquarium and Wildlife World. Paul and I played a round of golf, where he hired the worst half set of clubs in the Southern Hemisphere. But we finished the week at the Friday night market at the Rocks, and pizza at Zia Pina, one of my favourites in Sydney.

No comments: