21 January 2009

Masters degree conferred--now with merit!

What began as a dream is now official: I am a Master of Development Studies with merit. It may bear a stronger resemblance to a business letter than a diploma, but I'll take it. Behind this mere piece of paper is a year and a half of my life, and hopefully my future, in the form of the following:

There were too many choices and only eight slots, but I'm satisfied with my selections. If nothing else, I have a foundation for further study. It was a challenging course of study, both academically and intellectually. Many of my world view assumptions were challenged, many altered, others reinforced, but all were strengthened with information, logic and reasoning.

Perhaps the most important thing I learned is that I have a lot more to learn.

7 comments:

Reed Family said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I think I've said it, but will say it again...We are very proud of you and are praying for the perfect job.

Love,
Mom

Karen said...

My brother, the scholar!

We absolutely loved seeing you. You are very missed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris! That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Congratulations, what a fantastic acheivement. Hope all is well.

Stefan from I Live here now.com

Anonymous said...

hello mr taylor this is george psihoyios your ex student from sydney. Ms Player gave me your email and i found you here so i followed you. I recognised that you got a masters degree at syd uni congrats! How have you been? hows life on the east coast?

Anonymous said...

hello mr taylor this is george psihoyios your ex student from sydney. Ms Player gave me your email and i found you here so i followed you. I recognised that you got a masters degree at syd uni congrats! How have you been? hows life on the east coast?