20 September 2006

Sydney Uni Lions

A few of you have heard that I am playing football. Not soccer, rugby or AFL, but American gridiron football. Here in Australia. I play for Sydney University, but this is nothing like NCAA athletics. It's basically just a club team that is hosted by the university.
We play real, fully-padded, hard-hitting football. I'm a defensive back--mostly corner, but some time at free safety. I wear number 4 because my regular 24 was taken. I don't mind--I kind of like the college style single digit. The team is good--we are playing this year for a fourth consecutive title. Undeafeated over that time. So far this season, we are 2-0. We won our first game against the Hated Bondi Raiders 42-0 but narrowly won this past week 20-13. Their points came off a kickoff return and interception return (missed PAT), so our defence is still maintaining a shutout.
Sydney Uni Gridiron has been added to the links on the right. Check it out. Next game is this Saturday versus the Pirates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good number. Sidney Rice wears that number. In case anyone doesn't know who he is, he was Carolina's freshman All-American last year and our next high draft choice, whenever he decides to come out of college that is. Too bad you weren't stateside. You still have some eligibility left and the Horns could have used you againt O State.