22 April 2007

Weekend entertainment

Friday night, Heather and I went to the movies. Dendy is an excellent theatre here that always shows a variety of independent and foreign films. Since we are trying to stay away from the typical Hollywood movies, we saw a French film called Priceless that was pretty funny. On the way home we talked about who would play in it if Hollywood remade it but couldn't really agree. I say Owen Wilson would be a good lead, but Heather thinks he isn't likeable enough. The movie was good, so if you have an independent or foreign film theatre nearby, look for it. Two thumbs up.

On Saturday, we saw Wilco, one of my favourite bands at the moment, at Enmore Theatre. They played over two hours and it was a great show. Here's the setlist if you're a fan:

You Are My Face
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
Muzzle Of Bees
Handshake Drugs
A Shot in the Arm
At Least That's What You Said
One By One
Impossible Germany
Jesus, etc.
War on War
Via Chicago
Walken
Theologians
I'm The Man Who Loves You
Hummingbird
-----
Hate It Here
The Late Greats
Kingpin
I'm A Wheel
-----
Misunderstood
California Stars
Airline to Heaven
Poor Places
Spiders (Kidsmoke)

I would like to put together an iMix, but I need to wait until their new CD comes out next month. Be on the lookout for that.

No comments: