07 February 2006

I watched SBXL

I got the update on the Super Bowl in the afternoon at school, and knew the outcome by the time I went home, but I found out during the evening that the game would be replayed Monday night. It was only two hours long, with all the standing around cut out, as well as the SB commercials. I know, it's just not the same without the commercials, but you take what you can get when it comes to American Football over here. Besides, you can watch all the commercials here. Kind of a down year, wasn't it? Anyway, the international feed of the game had Dick Stockton as play-by-play and Daryl Johnston on color. It was kind of dumbed down for a non-NFL international audience, so they were explaining rules and calls a lot. Given that it was only the second "gridiron" game I have seen this year (Go the Longhorns!), I'm not complaining. In fact, I think next year I'll avoid hearing any news about the game (not hard to do here) and watch the replay that night. Unless the Cowboys make it--then I'm taking the day off.

No comments: